The Wisconsin Collaboratory for Enhanced Learning (WisCEL) fosters instructional innovation, active learning, and high-quality teaching and learning opportunities by providing instructional resources, technology and support in multi-use student-centered learning environments on the UW-Madison campus.
We’ve updated the WisCEL website for December and January:
- We have a new WisCEL Person of the Month featured. This January we honor Jayer Fernandez, a WisCEL teaching assistant.
- Watch and hear what WisCEL Students have to say about their experiences in WisCEL.
- There are new posts for December on the WisCEL Blog.
- New upcoming around campus events.
- Reminder: WisCEL Instructor Workshop is Monday, January 11 from 10:00am-12:00pm in 410A, Wendt Commons WisCEL Center. All WisCEL community members are welcome.
- On the Publications of Interest page, you will find an editorial from the New York Times and several related articles.
- In Around Campus, we will post information about current teaching and learning events and opportunities happening around the UW-Madison campus.
Upcoming events and campus opportunities sponsored by WisCEL and UW-Madison teaching and learning partners.
- 2016 Teaching Academy Summer Institute
- Active Teaching Labs (Multiple Dates)
Articles, news, research, website links and other resources on topics (such as active learning, instructional technology and innovation) of interest to the WisCEL community.
Christine Lien nominated Jayer Fernandez for January’s WisCEL Person of the Month. Christine says, “Jayer Fernandes has been teaching Math 112 for a few semesters, but he’s been very dedicated and interested in this blended model of learning. This semester when our class sizes increased, he found ways to make it run more efficiently by having students submit assignments through a Learn@UW dropbox. This reduces the number of papers exchanged between TAs and students and lets students use their notes and work in class.”