The Wisconsin Collaboratory for Enhanced Learning (WisCEL) fosters instructional innovation, active learning, and high-quality teaching and learning opportunities by providing instructional resources, technology and support in multi-use student-centered learning environments on the UW-Madison campus.
We’ve updated the WisCEL website for November:
- There are new posts for November on the WisCEL Blog.
- Now is the time to apply to teach in WisCEL for Fall 2016.
- Save the date for our January 2016 WisCEL Instructor Workshop.
- We have a new WisCEL Person of the Month featured. This month we honor five peer advisors for Inter-LS 102.
- On the Publications of Interest page, you will find a blog series from the American Mathematical Society related to active learning in mathematics.
- In Around Campus, we will post information about current teaching and learning events and opportunities happening around the UW-Madison campus.
Upcoming events and campus opportunities sponsored by WisCEL and UW-Madison teaching and learning partners.
- Working With Students’ Prior Knowledge (Nov. 20)
- COMETS Active Learning Teaching Labs
- Educational Innovation (EI) Brown Bag Series
Articles, news, research, website links and other resources on topics (such as active learning, instructional technology and innovation) of interest to the WisCEL community.
This November WisCEL is recognizing five students – all five are peer advisors for Inter-LS 102, Music, Movies and the Sixties, a Freshman Interest Group (FIG) seminar held in the College Library WisCEL Center. All five were nominated as a group for the WisCEL Person of the Month by Prof. Craig Werner for their contributions to the class: helping students with assignments, supervising small group work and offering peer-to-peer guidance. Each of the five peer advisors took the FIG course last year as freshmen.