The Wisconsin Collaboratory for Enhanced Learning (WisCEL) fosters instructional innovation, active learning, and high-quality teaching and learning opportunities by providing instructional resources, technology and support in multi-use student-centered learning environments on the UW-Madison campus.
We’ve updated the WisCEL website for November:
- WisCEL has a new home on campus. We are now part of the new UW-Madison Collaborative for Advancing Teaching and Learning in the Office of the Provost.
- Apply to teach in the new College of Engineering Active Learning Classrooms on the third floor of Wendt Commons beginning fall 2017 (application due date is December 1, 2017). Starting fall semester 2017, the third floor of Wendt Commons will have four new Active Learning Classrooms (ALC) dedicated for use by College of Engineering courses. COE will be coordinating with the WisCEL program (on fourth floor Wendt Commons) to schedule these classrooms.
- On the Publications of Interest page, you will find the Strategies for Feedback tips that were shared at the New WisCEL Instructor Learning Community Session on October 21. The next session will be held on November 18 from 1:30-2:30 in Wendt 410B.
- In Around Campus, we have information of various upcoming teaching and learning events and opportunities happening around the UW-Madison campus.
- We feature the new WisCEL instructors at College WisCEL Center as our Person of the Month.
- Wendt Commons Construction Spring 2017 Update
Upcoming events and campus opportunities sponsored by WisCEL and UW-Madison teaching and learning partners.
- EI Brown Bag Series (Dec 6)
- Active Teaching Lab (Dec 9)
- Blend@UW Registration Deadline (Dec 9) _________________________________________________________
Articles, news, research, website links and other resources on topics (such as active learning, instructional technology and innovation) of interest to the WisCEL community.
This November, WisCEL’s new College Library instructors, Kathleen Culver (Journalism 676) and Morgan Shields (Kinesiology 235), are featured as our Person of the Month.