The Wisconsin Collaboratory for Enhanced Learning (WisCEL) fosters instructional innovation, active learning, and high-quality teaching and learning opportunities by providing instructional resources, technology and support in multi-use student-centered learning environments on the UW-Madison campus.
Announcement: Spring 2017 Wendt WisCEL Center Moves to ECB
As you may have heard, Wendt Commons will be undergoing substantial renovation on the 2nd and 3rd floors during Spring Semester 2017. Due to the likely disruption WisCEL will be relocating ALL Spring 2017 Engineering Courses to the Engineering Centers Building (ECB).
CoE has dedicated three rooms in ECB (1003 Tong Auditorium, M1051 and M1059) to use for scheduling WisCEL classes. WisCEL will be operating entirely out of ECB during Spring semester – we will be moving all our laptops, resources, services and staff to ECB. We will provide WisCEL courses with the same resources and support (including instructional, technology and testing support, office hours and study tables) as we currently do in the Wendt WisCEL Center, with a few exceptions:
- Tong Auditorium will be set up with student laptops in pods of four. All laptops will have power and network access. There will be big screen projection at the front of the room, but no dedicated monitors for each table. Tong room capacity will be capped at 112.
- Note that COE will be updating rooms M1051 and M1059, so they will be equipped and configured differently. We will update you on these changes if you apply to use one of these rooms.
Our WisCEL staff will be located in ECB suite M1050, so please stop by and visit. We can still be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 608-890-0247.
We’ve updated the WisCEL website for December:
- It’s not too late to apply to teach in the new College of Engineering Active Learning Classrooms on the third floor of Wendt Commons beginning fall 2017. Starting fall semester 2017, the third floor of Wendt Commons will have four new Active Learning Classrooms (ALC) dedicated for use by College of Engineering courses. COE will be coordinating with the WisCEL program (on fourth floor Wendt Commons) to schedule these classrooms.
- WisCEL features the Counseling Psychology 125 instructors as our Person of the Month.
Upcoming events and campus opportunities sponsored by WisCEL and UW-Madison teaching and learning partners.
- Active Teaching Lab (Dec 16)
- Blend@UW Winter Session (Jan 9) _________________________________________________________
Articles, news, research, website links and other resources on topics (such as active learning, instructional technology and innovation) of interest to the WisCEL community.
This December, WisCEL features the Counseling Psychology 125 instructors as our Person of the Month.