The Wisconsin Collaboratory for Enhanced Learning (WisCEL) fosters instructional innovation, active learning, and high-quality teaching and learning opportunities by providing instructional resources, technology and support in multi-use student-centered learning environments on the UW-Madison campus.
We’ve updated the WisCEL website for April:
- This May, WisCEL features Mitchel Keogh, a graduating WisCEL team member as the WisCEL Person of the Month.
- On the Publications of Interest page, you will find a National Public Radio “50 Great Teachers” interview with Carl Wieman, “A Nobel Laureate’s Education Plea: Revolutionize Teaching”.
- In Around Campus, we post information about current teaching and learning events and opportunities happening around the UW-Madison campus.
Upcoming events and campus opportunities sponsored by WisCEL and UW-Madison teaching and learning partners.
- Active Teaching Lab (May 6)
- Research-To-Classroom Studio (May 23)
- 2016 Teaching and Learning Symposium (May)
Articles, news, research, website links and other resources on topics (such as active learning, instructional technology and innovation) of interest to the WisCEL community.
Mitchel Keogh is our May WisCEL Person of the Month. Mitch is a WisCEL team member and has worked this year as a student office employee. Mitch has helped create and refine the WisCEL database, surveys and data collection. He has brought a congenial attitude and great ideas to the WisCEL program. We congratulate Mitch on graduating this spring and wish him the best in his future endeavors.