The Wisconsin Collaboratory for Enhanced Learning (WisCEL) fosters instructional innovation, active learning, and high-quality teaching and learning opportunities by providing instructional resources, technology and support in multi-use student-centered learning environments on the UW-Madison campus.
Welcome to the fall semester and a fresh start and new staff at both WisCEL Centers!
- After an eight-month hiatus during renovation, WisCEL has moved back to Wendt and the fourth floor classrooms and staff offices. New this fall: Wendt WisCEL Center offers expanded options for using our four classrooms for course-related activities such as office hours and computerized testing.
- This past summer, WisCEL started sharing the College WisCEL Center space and resources with SOAR. WisCEL has now transitioned back into the space and we are ready for fall semester WisCEL courses, instructors and students. New this fall: WisCEL instructional support staff will be onsite at College WisCEL Center all day to provide services and support for all scheduled WisCEL courses. Stop by Room 3260 in the WisCEL Center and say hello!
- New this fall: Both WisCEL Centers have all new 17-inch laptops for students and new touchscreen podium computers for instructors.
- New this fall: WisCEL is ramping up our resources and support for teaching and learning. We will continue to provide the same instructional support and services as before, but have improved services for in-class assistance and added consulting options for instruction and technology integration.
- New this fall: WisCEL would like to give a hearty welcome to our newest WisCEL team member, Tyler Gregory. Tyler will provide academic technology integration services and take the lead on managing our computerized testing services. This fall semester he will be onsite at College WisCEL Center on Mondays and Wednesdays. He will be at Wendt WisCEL Center on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. You can find him at Wendt in room 433 and at College in room 3260.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
WisCEL welcomes the following 2017 Fall Semester WisCEL Courses:
COUN PSY 125 A Wisconsin Experience Seminar
GERMAN/JEWISH 267 Yiddish Song
INTEG SCI 100 INTEG SCI 100
KINES 235 Human Physiology and Health
MATH 96 Preparatory Algebra
MATH 112 College Algebra
SOC 138 Sociology of Gender (Sterling Hall)
BOTANY 265 Rainforests and Coral Reefs FIG
BME 315 Introduction to Biomechanics
BME 601 Biomedical Student Advisory Committee
CBE/CHEM 562 Physical Chemistry
CIV ENGR 320 Environmental Engineering
COMP SCI 202 Introduction to Computation
COMP SCI 402 Introducing CS to K-12 Students
COUN PSY 125 A Wisconsin Experience Seminar
ECE 203 Signals, Information, and Computation
ECE 219 Analytical Methods for Electromagnetics
ECE 230 Circuit Analysis
ECE 252 Intro to Computer Engineering
ECE 320 Electrodynamics II
ECE 330 Signals and Systems
ECE 340 Intro to Microelectronics
ECE 352 Digital System Fundamentals
ECE 377 Fundamentals of Electrical and Electromechanical Power Conversion
ECE 431 Digital Signal Processing
ECE/ME 439 Introduction to Robotics
ECE/COMP SCI 552 Introduction to Computer Architecture
EMA 201 Engineering Mechanics: Statics
EP 271 Engineering Problem Solving with Computers
GENETICS/MD GENETICS 677 Evolutionary Systems Biology
INTEG SCI 375 INTEG SCI 375
INTEREGR 150 ULC PrEPS Lab
JOURN 404 Interpretation of Contemporary Affairs
MICROBIO 470 Microbial Genetics and Molecular Motors
PL PATH 311 Global Food Security
Upcoming events and campus opportunities sponsored by WisCEL and UW-Madison teaching and learning partners.
UW – Madison is transitioning to Canvas, a learning management system designed to create a more intuitive and efficient platform for students and instructors to access specific course information and learning aids. If you are interested in learning more about Canvas and how it can be used to best suit the needs of your course, the University offers several workshops to introduce Canvas features and applications. Some of these workshops include:
- Canvas Demonstration: What is Canvas
- Getting Started with Canvas
- Teaching Effectively in Canvas: Designing for Social Learning
- Managing Grades in Canvas
- Canvas Open Lab
Articles, news, research, website links and other resources on topics (such as active learning, instructional technology and innovation) of interest to the WisCEL community.
Thank you to all students, faculty, and staff for successful Spring and Summer 2017 Semesters!