The Wisconsin Collaboratory for Enhanced Learning (WisCEL) fosters instructional innovation, active learning, and high-quality teaching and learning opportunities by providing instructional resources, technology and support in multi-use student-centered learning environments on the UW-Madison campus.
We’ve updated the WisCEL website for April:
- In the March Person of the Month feature, WisCEL features Yaman Sangar, an Electrical & Computer Engineering teaching assistant.
- On the Publications of Interest page, you will find Teaching Undergraduate Science: A Guide to Overcoming Obstacles to Student Learning, written by Linda C. Hodges and Jeanne L. Narum.
- In Around Campus, we post information about current teaching and learning events and opportunities happening around the UW-Madison campus.
Upcoming events and campus opportunities sponsored by WisCEL and UW-Madison teaching and learning partners.
- Active Teaching Lab (April 26)
- Research-To-Classroom Studio (April 26)
- 2016 Teaching and Learning Symposium (May)
Articles, news, research, website links and other resources on topics (such as active learning, instructional technology and innovation) of interest to the WisCEL community.
This month, WisCEL features Yaman Sangar, an Electrical & Computer Engineering teaching assistant. Yaman was nominated by WisCEL instructors John Booske and Mike Morrow, who say, “Yaman has been active in WisCEL since Fall of 2013, when he started as a TA for ECE 230. In Spring of 2014 he also began TA’ing ECE 219. Yaman showed himself to be an excellent coach and teacher, and he soon became involved in developing the electronically-delivered exercise materials as well.”